Wednesday 15 January 2014

Caring for your delicate Lolita clothes


This is from the Lolita Blog challenge in October, but I thought it was so good that it deserved it's own post! Thanks Ida for the tips <3.

When your clothes don't tolerate water, what do you do when it rains? Or if you get a stain?


Lolita's are very careful with their clothes. Before I even had bought my first Lolita outfit, my lovely friend Ida went through all the cautious steps I must take if I want to wear my beautiful outfits more than once:

1) Never wear Lolita directly to your skin. Always wear underwear, Ida recommended to sew a simple under dress (with short sleeves) in Egyptian cotton to wear closest to your body.
I bought a vintage under dress from Ebay.

2) Always shower before wearing Lolita and use an aluminium deodorant to stop perspiration before it soils your clothes!

3) Buy a small towel or table cloth that you always bring with you, if you have to sit down.

4) Get a big picnic mat if you are going to sit down in grass.

5) Sew a double (back and front) apron to your dress.

Hope you enjoyed this post!
Please leave a comment if you have more great
tips for caring for your Lolita clothes! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...